By Elma B.
We (myself very much included) get caught-up living for the future rather than enjoying the everyday. Recently, I was listening to an interview with Elon Musk (founder of Tesla and SpaceX), and he said that entrepreneurship is not about the destination but the everyday journey. I would say that no matter what your goal in life, it's about enjoying the process of getting there and not about the gratification upon arriving to the final destination.
For me, my team is building an exciting platform for bloggers and blog readers (stay tune for more), so I must be inspired and upbeat every step of the way. It's that end of the day fun and social activity that recharges my batteries.
Some of my tips to inspire yourself everyday:
- Meet inspiring people every week.
- Fun fitness classes. Try new and fun fitness classes/fitness routine, e.g., checkout a barre or a kickboxing class.
- Discover new restaurants. Discover new authentic restaurants.
- Feed your soul. Do whatever feeds your soul, e.g., read books in your favorite cafe, bake your favorite cake, take a kick boxing class, etc.
- Laugh in good company. Pick whatever or whoever makes you laugh and do that activity or be around that person.
I advise you to incorporate fun daily activities that will provide you with an adrenaline rush, make you laugh, and spike of energy. After all, the positive flow of energy, i.e., maintaining a work-life balance, will reflect in your work product and cause an overall boost of happiness.
Thus, whatever your end-goal, make sure you don't forget to live and have fun every step of the way! Until next time, stay happy and beautiful fashionistas, xo from New York!