By Amra B.
I am a huge fan of plaid shirts; they are timeless, look great on both women and men, and are super easy to wear. In winter, I like to wear thicker plaid shirts and layer them over tanks, or wear them under blazers. Plaid shirts look amazing just tied around the waste or combined with anything denim. Below are some tips on how to wear plaid this season:
- Go for the roomier style: plaid shirts are meant to be casual and look best when they are at least one size bigger. I love vintage men’s plaid shirts and find that they also look amazing on women.
|Here I am wearing a men's vintage plaid shirt|
- Length matters: short plaid shirts will make you look bulkier due to the nature of the print. I find that plaid shirts that extend beyond the hips are the most flattering and easiest to combine with other pieces.
|Long plaid shirt|
- Layer them over denim: plaid and denim is a timeless look that never really goes out of style. I love wearing my plaid shirt with ripped jeans, denim skirt, or underneath a denim jacket.
|Timeless look: plaid and denim|
- Combine them with (p)leather: add a little edginess to your look by combining a plaid shirt with pleather pants or a skirt. Add a pair of high heels for a perfect night-out-look.
|Plaid shirt with pleather skirt|
- Tie it around the waste: for a total street style (model-off-duty) look, tie your plaid shirt around your waste. This look is great when wearing tights to the gym or skinny jeans.
|Total street style look: plaid shirt tied around the waste|
Wishing you a great week!
Outfit: Plaid shirt Gap, skirt H&M, boots Jimmy Choo, necklace Givenchy, bag Salvatore Ferragamo, sunglasses Dolce & Gabbana, hat vintage
|Lipstick: Tom Ford|