By Catherine Santino
Top 10 Hottest New Hairstyles:
This season, I have been seeing some incredibly bold, fresh, and fun new hairstyles. There are so many colors and styles to choose from this season, why not change up your look a little? Here are the top 10 trends that I have noticed:
1. Lavender hair: This new hairstyle has completely exploded this season, seen on celebrities such as Nicole Richie, Kelly Osbourne, and Cara Delevingne. This isn’t an easy look for everyone to pull off, but I think it can look gorgeous and totally unique.
2. Milkmaid braids: This look creates such a pretty and ethereal feel for summer, and is also a great way to hide second-day hair (in fact, it actually works better when your hair is not freshly washed). These braids have been seen on Jennifer Lawrence, Sienna Miller, and Zoe Saldana.
3. Ombre hair: This touch of gradual color creates a beautiful sun-kissed look, and is much easier to maintain then a full dye job, since there are no roots! Celebs like Khloe Kardashian, Rachel Bilson, and Jessica Biel have opted for this new hairstyle.
4. Bob: This look is perfect for coping with the heat this summer, and takes very little time to style. Emma Roberts, Olivia Munn, and January Jones have been rocking this look, and prove that it looks great in either a sleek or more tousled style.
5. Pixie cut: If you want to go even more drastic than a bob, the pixie cut is the way to go. Ginnifer Goodwin, Emma Watson, and most recently, Shailene Woodley have made this a much sought-after new hairstyle.
6. Beachy waves: This is a more classic look for summer, and is seen time and time again once the warmer months come around. The beachy wave seems to be a go-to hairstyle for celebrities like Blake Lively, Lea Michele, and Lauren Conrad.
7. Skrillex: This is definitely a look for the risk-takers, and gives your whole look a tougher, bolder feel. Celebs like Natalie Dormer, Demi Lovato and Rihanna have opted for the half-shaved look.
8. Half-up: This new hairstyle has recently made most popular by Ariana Grande, but has also been worm by Dianna Agron and Jennifer Lopez. It’s an easy and fun way to change up for hair for summer.
9. Top knot: Whether it be super sleek or a bit messy, this is an easy and quick hairstyle that is perfect for those unbearably hot days when your hair just isn’t cooperating. Kim Kardashian, Whitney Port, and Julianne Hough have all achieved this look in varying ways.
10. Flower Crowns: This accessory is a great way to change up your look for summer. They come in tons of different sizes and colors, or you could even make your own. Vanessa Hudgens, Lana Del Rey, and beauty blogger Zoella have all tried out this look.
There you have it, 10 fun and unique ways to style your hair this season. Gather some inspiration from the celebrities rocking these new hairstyles, and don’t be afraid to take a few risks this summer!