By Elma B.
I am a huge fan of elegance and glamour, and believe that you do not have to show a lot of skin to feel and be beautiful. While I am a fan of the Old Hollywood glamour, I realize a modern adaptation is necessary as we do not live in the golden age of Hollywood. Below are some styling tips on how to look (and feel) fabulous and glamorous...
Tips: How to be a Modern Day Glamazon
1. Loose fitting clothes: As I have mentioned in my previous blog posts, always, always buy clothing that is at least one size bigger than your size. This will ensure an elegant look and will even make you appear slimmer. Bulging love handles do not suit anyone!
2. Moderate makeup: Dramatic lips or eyes, take your pick. Make sure that you do not do both. Tip: you know your best facial features, so focus on emphasizing those. Below, I am wearing a combination of ultra dark maroon and plumb lipsticks from my favorite Italian brand KIKO.
3. Dazzling hat: Hats come in various shape and sizes, make sure to pick a few that best suit your face shape. I would visit a local consignment store to find a few gems, i.e., authentic pieces.
4. Statement jewelry: Below, I am wearing matching emerald like rings from H&M and a handmade necklace from my best friend. When picking out jewelry, I would look for pieces that really stand out because of their shape and design.
5. Elegant stilettos: Black stilettos will go a long way. You can wear them a million times with a million different outfits. Mine have studs on them so that adds a bit of chaos. Styling tip: I would suggest wearing stilettos with oversized clothing to balance shape and cuts.
There you have it fashionistas--how to get the modern glamour look. What's your favorite pieces that makes you feel "oh so glamorous?" Leave me a comment below, love hearing form you! Until next time, xoxo from New York City!