By Lara Medić
Today, I would like to present to you an awesome ascending model and fashion blogger: Gian Maria Sainato! This Italian guy, 19 years old, lives in Milan, where he studies and does modeling.
Gian's blog is his virtual diary of his favorite hobbies like fashion, traveling and attending events. His fashion anthem? “Never be boring!" Combining his favorite brands for the right-daytime-look makes his life very interesting. So let's go inside!
1. What inspired you to start your own blog?
GMS: The blog was created after a few trips (England and America) where, unlike Italy, the "street style” is widespread. So whereas before I was afraid to wear something different (I had a fear of being judged), after these trips, I bought a lot of "self -confidence," and I really feel like myself. I decided to start the blog to understand a little bit what others think about my fashion sense, and the results were very positive!
2. What is your favorite part about being a fashion blogger?
GMS: My favorite part about being a fashion blogger is receiving so many compliments from my followers.
3. Describe your personal style
GMS: I do not have a specific style, I can only say that I am very “chameleon" like. Hahaha.
4. How do you describe the fashion scene in Milan compared to other major cities / fashion capitals?
GMS: Milan is my favorite city for fashion. I adore everything about it.
5. What do you love about living in Italiy?
GMS: Living in Italy is great! We have amazing food, beautiful sea, great style, family and friends!
6. Next place you want to travel to?
GMS: I think in September, I will travel to France to visit Paris.
7. What would you say to someone seeking fashion advice?
GMS: "Dress as you want, no one can understand your style, only yourself."
8. What is your favorite outfit the you've posted thus far?
GMS: My favorite outfit is totally my Versace look in New York City! I love it.
10. What designer would you love to work with?
GMS: I would like to work with Givenchy. I love their creations and the way they work.
11. If you could choose to meet anyone, dead or alive, who would that be and why?
GMS: Alexander McQueen--to continue to see his brilliant collections and Tupac to continue to hear his great songs.
12. What new pieces have you picked up for next season that we haven't seen on the blog yet?
GMS: I picked up David Wellington, Triwa, Pepe Jeans, Blauer, Nike, Satorisan, and H&M. They are just some of the brands that you will see soon on the blog.
13. What are your plans for the future?
GMS: I intend to bring forward a number of projects with major brands, I'm going to travel a lot, and continue to post on the blog everyday. And of course, grow as a blogger and as a person.
14. At the end, what would you say to Club Fashionista readers.
GMS: I am sending warm greetings from Milan to the readers of Club Fashionista, and I invite you all to visit my fashion blog!
Interview by Lara Medić
Twitter and Instagram: @lara_medic